30 YEARS OF
INDEPENDENT PROPERTY SPECIALISTS
Independent Property Specialists (IPS) provides property services Australia-wide. Based in Brisbane the business is built around the key capabilities of Principal, Craig Newnham, a 30 year licenced property professional.
IPS’s core values are to deliver professional, independent, and objective advice.
Property sectors in which IPS have specific knowledge and experience include:
- Commercial offices and business parks;
- Industrial and warehouse/distribution centres;
- Retail and shopping centres;
- Residential and affordable housing; and
- Hotels and lifestyle projects.
We offer a range of services tailored to reflect the strategic goals of individual investors.
IPS provides an independent property buying service to save you time, money and the stress associated with locating and buying commercial property. IPS can manage every stage of the process including:
- Searching for and identifying properties that meet stringent investment criteria;
- Negotiating the best purchase price and terms, based on an agreed acquisition strategy and price parameters;
- Completing the transaction including supervision of legal and building due diligence; and
- Implementing a property management strategy for the ongoing protection and maximisation of property value post settlement.
For more information download the Independent Property Specialist’s Commercial Buyer’s Agent brochure.Download brochure
Independent and objective advice relating to:
- Institutional property investment, development and management strategies;
- Preparation of project feasibilities, highest and best use studies and risk analysis for developments, refurbishments and investments;
- Market assessments to assist in investment, development, refurbishment and divestment decisions;
- Joint venture ownership structuring and capital management strategies;
- Reviewing operational aspects of project delivery, marketing and asset management processes and teams;
- Assisting and reporting on project delivery including PCG representation and investment monitoring;
- Reviews of existing debt facilities with a view to restructuring to take advantage of opportunities available in the debt markets;
- Negotiating with financial institutions to address any covenant breaches;
- Value-add and work-out solutions for distressed property assets; and
- End-to-end transaction management.
Specialist advice in relation to:
- Strategic reviews of corporate property portfolio’s operational performance relative to business plans and organisational KPIs;
- Unlocking value through portfolio restructuring including divestment, refurbishment and development of existing assets; and
- Project supervision and transaction management.
Providing tenants with step by step advice to secure a new or improved property lease including:
- Strategy development based around a detailed business needs analysis;
- Procurement including property identification and selection for new premises or renegotiation of existing premises;
- Negotiation and advice on lease structuring; and
- Supervision of fit out consultants and works.
IPS provides owners of commercial properties with a comprehensive, management service, for the ongoing protection and maximisation of property values. The service is structured so owners can remain focussed on their core business whilst retaining ultimate control of their property investments. Services provided include:
- Preparation of individual property or portfolio business plans;
- Closely monitoring property managers of existing investments with a view to maximising income, minimising operational costs and ensuring any capital expenditure enhances the value of the asset;
- Proactively managing existing tenants through open, regular dialogue with a view to achieving income growth at rent reviews and retention at lease expiry;
- Managing all new lease inquiries and ensuring the property is being proactively promoted by the real estate leasing network; and
- Managing building refurbishments and new developments with the focus being on budget, program, quality and communication.
Port Coogee, WA
Crowne Plaza Hotel, SA
Pavilions, St Leonards, NSW
488 Queen Street, Brisbane
500 Queen Street, Brisbane
Work undertaken in the past 5 years
- Prepared and executed a divestment strategy for Bank of Scotland International’s (BOSI) $1.0B property equity investment portfolio. This involved a detailed financial evaluation, value optimisation and marketing strategy for each investment;
- Developed a restructuring and capital management solution for a $250M joint venture aimed at enhancing value and improving marketability;
- $60M sale of BOSI’s Mirvac Wholesale Hotel Fund interest including orchestrating the process to achieve alignment of investor’s interests and active participation in the successful negotiation, documentation and sale execution resulting in a significant profit write back;
- Project management of the successful $63M sale of Bundall Corporate Centre, comprising two office towers and four development sites, on the Gold Coast;
- Successful negotiation and sale of three office towers, located at 379, 488 and 500 Queen Street, Brisbane, for in excess of $90M;
- Refinance of $300M investment and development facilities across five hospitality, retail and residential joint ventures; and
- Developed and executed a financial restructuring and work-out strategy for a $55M impaired residential investment fund comprising six residential projects in NSW and VIC.